Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wait!!!






“Patience is how you act while you are waiting” an old saying that my grandfather used to say me every day when I was a little girl and it has stuck with me till this very hour. I looked up the word origin of patience and it is Latin and it’s derived from the word suffering. When I read this it clicked with me that being patient is not supposed to be easy, nor is it supposed to be fun or quick for that matter. I think that there is a huge lesson from patience really….it teaches you to trust in God, it strengthens your faith and your character
.
I get a lot of questions on what my biggest struggle is.  Well it’s really simple; I have a hard time waiting I am impatient. However; I am working on it daily to strive to become better. When I talk about my struggle I always get asked the following question. “How do you work on it?”  My answer is this “I pray daily for the Lord to help me I pray that he gives me the mindfulness to be more Christ like in my day to day life.” I also have reminders; I set an alarm on my phone a few times and I add a Bible verse to it to help me become more mindful of patience. My favorite verse is “Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.”  When we are struggling with something we often times need a constant reminder to improve.  The Lord has helped me greatly with my struggle and I know he will see me through it.  I can only rely upon him and of course I must do my part also.


How can waiting strengthen faith and trust in God?  I find that it teaches you to trust him while waiting on your blessings. That you know that even in the midst of your turmoil God will provide! When I read the origin of the word it made total sense to me.  Being patient is not supposed to be fun, nor is it supposed to be easy.  However; God will see to it that we are rewarded in due time. I have found that sometimes I am not ready for what I ask him for, or it may not be for me. I trust in the Lord to make the decisions for me because he ultimately knows what is best for me. He knows what’s best for all us!  We may not understand how God works all the time, but know that he’s working all the time in us.  He loves you he cares you and he wants the best for you. Trust in him and know him. “for he will never leave you nor forsake you” Deuteronomy 31:6






No comments:

Post a Comment